Triathlon training, mania, battered feet, and booze

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Quick Note


Here's the quick run down. it was extremely hot, and poorly organized in Buffalo today. After the 1/2 marathoners finished, the race organizers really fucked off (long stretches without water, intersections without markings, nobody on the course etc.) It was brutal, but Al K and I finished. I ran 8s until mile 18 then the wheels started to come off. I think it was really a function of the heat and lack of water on the course. Anyway, I ran a 3:42 which is about 8:30 pace. I'm happy, all things considered. Right now, I'm just fucking spent and dehydrated and glad to be done with Buffalo.

4 Comments:

Blogger GVB said...

Good work, Brother. I was wondering about you today as I SUFFERED through an easy 7 miler...

We'll take your weather here though...animals two by two, etc. Soggy running today.

3:11 AM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

I don't know. It was mid 80s and very humid. Not fun 26.2 weather when the fuckwits running the marathon let you go 6 miles (miles17-23) with no water. Then they figure you can hack out the last 3 with no H2O too. Fuckers. I really thought I was going to pass out near the end. So I think the rain would have been welcome right then.

7:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al, well done. Ok, now that you've got this little "running thing" out of your system, time to man-up and throw your leg over a bike.

9:26 PM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

Fred:
Will do. I'm going to heal up this week and be in the saddle next.

7:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home