Triathlon training, mania, battered feet, and booze

Friday, April 21, 2006

Lance in NYC



Lance Armstrong told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he plans to compete in the New York City Marathon on Nov. 5.
"We were looking at the Chicago Marathon, but a conflict arose with the date, and New York seems to fit our schedule better," Armstrong said in a telephone interview. "I've been training some, but I wouldn't call it serious. It's just something to fill a void in my life after I quit competing as a professional cyclist."


Why do celebrities always say "we" when talking about themselves? The royal we was old 500 years ago. And why do they need a fucking entourage every time they do anything? Lance is a hell of a competitor and probably the best cyclist ever (and he'll probably blow right by me while I'm pounding out a 3:30 in NYC). But he really needs to get over himself, don't ya think?

Did a nice 4 on the boardwalk yesterday. Pushed the kiddies in the double and still logged 8:30s. It was just such a perfect day for a run. I thought I was going to be a complete disaster after the long run from hell the day before. But I was good to go. 6er today.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moveitfred also doesn't understand why celebrities use these fucking collective pronouns or objectify themselves like they are the floater in a bowl full of shit.

Moveitfred can tell you, however, that guys like Bob Roll and Chris Carmichael would be spending their workdays saying "Would you like to try our scampi?" if it wasn't for Lance Pants.

9:20 AM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

I think Roll would be more in the "You want fries with that?" sort of establishment.

9:56 AM

 
Blogger GVB said...

Hey Al, I think your oldest spawn is officially too old for the stroller action.

10:42 AM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

No way. She's 4 in August...too old? The weight issue is not a problem, I know. We have that bike trailer/double jogger thing that they sit in and are totally cool. Do you have one of these? It's awesome...in step makes it.

2:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"and probably the best cyclist ever..."

Um, how 'bout we say this: "had the best doctors ever..." (and I don't mean his oncologists)

3:07 PM

 
Blogger GVB said...

We have (had) the stoller thang. Once our oldest turned 4 she was no longer interested in being in it, and I was seriously no longer interested in pushing her around in it.

12:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home