Triathlon training, mania, battered feet, and booze

Sunday, May 07, 2006

If Your Family Tree Doesn't Fork...


Or if you've got 8 cars in the yard that don't move but your house does, you might find this of interest:
Earnhardt races to first victory of the year in Richmond
By JENNA FRYER, AP Motorsports Writer

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Kevin Harvick was the driver to beat, even Dale Earnhardt Jr. knew that.

But when Harvick made his only mistake of the entire weekend, Earnhardt pounced. It put him back into Victory Lane for the first time this season, and proved that his team has truly turned around after struggling through all of last year.


If you're like me, though, you couldn't give a flying fuck. (And while we're at it, fuck Barbaro too.)

Did 22 miles of the Long Island Marathon today. It was a glorious day for a run: 65 degrees and sunny. I ran the 22 as a trainer for the upcoming Buffalo Marathon (5/28), and I walked off the course. I ran it in 2:57.55 which is an 8:05 pace. I ran consistently at pace with only a few miles slower (when I made pee pee 2x) and a number that were quicker. Felt good, and I'm ready for Buffalo.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

#3 Lives On!

Most excellent run today, Al. And the other Al?

1:16 PM

 
Blogger GVB said...

My neighbor has some sort of NASCAR flag flying from his Monte Carlo, and a sticker on his F150 that says something about a "legend living on".

This is the same guy who was campaigning to have a NASCAR track built about a mile from here. When I pointed out that the track was projected to lose 30 million dollars a year, he called me a fag. Nice.

Nice run, Al. You're making me look bad.

2:01 AM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

GVB:
You don't need my help to look bad. And I have no sympathy for you, you're moving even further out to the sticks. You'll be lucky if you only get a NASCAR nut in the new digs in East Bumblescrew. (Cue banjos...)

8:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home