Triathlon training, mania, battered feet, and booze

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Great Moments in Home Surgery



On the advice of Moveitfred's 8 year old son, I decided to take that dead toe nail off. So with the aid of a pair of scissors, a toenail clipper, and a pair of pliers, I went to work. I sought the advice of Mrs. A.B.H. first, of course. (Her advice: "keep that fucking thing away from me!") Then I went to work. I clipped off what I could, then I cut down the middle of the nail. Next, I went to pull out each half from where it attached to the cuticle. A loud stream of profanity, a geyser of blood, a few moments of unconsciousness, and a lot of pain later I was done.

It is nothing that a few months and a lot of gauze can't heal.

Today I breezed through a nice 6. (Gauzed and duct taped, of course.) This sunday is the L.I. Marathon. Al. K. and I are going to do 22 and walk off. Goal pace is 8:20 per mile.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've contacted the FCC, the USDA, and the NCAA. That is some NASTY shit!

6:39 PM

 
Blogger FppInternational said...

you have the feet of a ukranian ballet dancer, named Nadja.

10:28 PM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

And the balls of Slovakian pastry chef named Milos (he keeps writing to ask for them back).

10:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home