Triathlon training, mania, battered feet, and booze

Friday, March 17, 2006

Al, in his own juices



Whoa boy, I am in a sorry state. I am still fighting the martian death plague. It is this lingering shit (I've been sort of sick for 2 weeks). It won't go full bore and just get finished. Added to that, I'm having a problem with my heel still. The fucker hurts like the padding is bruised (I've experienced this in the past after particularly hard weeks or long runs). But the achilles feels real tight too. I don't know what is going on there. The only thing that seems positive is that it seems to improve after I start running, so I'm not worrying too much yet.



I've also started to have some weirdness happen to me if I jack myself up on caffeine before a run. (This used to be my pre run ritual: triple shot of espresso or a large coffee.) Now I get lightheaded and really shaky after a few miles. Yesterday, I had to sit down and shake for a few minutes. Then I got up and was just fine. Weird. I guess I just can't handle the go juice anymore.




Brooklyn 1/2 tomorrow. I'm running despite the heel pain, plague, shakes etc. I'll let you know how it goes.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine Al NOT tipping back a few green ones tonight. What time is your Brooklyn Blow in the morning?

10:52 AM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

For real, Al is out o' commission. I'm not going out to partake. The couch and I will be very good friends.

11:44 AM

 
Blogger GVB said...

If you're already on the verge of hurling, you might as well hit the green beer tonight, bro. The Brooklyn Fiasco is gonna hurt regardless.

How many times in this lifetime do I have to call you a pussy before you man up?

12:47 PM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

I'll do patio furniture in honor of the micks.

6:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, those two frat boys trying to double-hump the dude who blew chow?

6:47 PM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

Man Down! Man Down! What's wrong with a little group grope?

6:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home