Triathlon training, mania, battered feet, and booze

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Hammer Time




For those who've tired of my marathon training BS, here's the latest from MC Hammer's Blog :


I Got The Feeling

This week I 'm going to hit the weights some more and perfect a few new moves I've been working on. This is a good time of year to workout. The weather is warming up and summer is ninety days away. I got ahead because I danced for the last six months and now I'm lean. Still, I like my muscles hard because it helps me execute my moves with more power. I train specifically for dancing. I do full body days. Three days in a row. I work my chest and lower back and abs a lot. No heavy weight. I have to be able to explode and be quick and fast with my hands and feet. My calves and thighs are most important for the hot moves out today. Squats with no weights will do the trick. I will also do some leg presses with about three hundred pounds just to keep the thighs and hamstrings firing.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. Hammer's music pulled me up when I was in a dark place during the 1980's. (My friends said it was the truckloads of coke I was inhaling, but I think I suffered from more socially constructed problems). Here's an example of the kind of inspiration I'm talkin' bout from the Reverend MC:

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)
(Oh-oh oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)
(Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)
(Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh) you can't touch this
(Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh) you can't touch this
(Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh) you can't touch this
(Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh) break it down!
(Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)
(Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)
Stop! Hammer time!

If that don't bring your shit up, don't know what will.

4:19 PM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

And let's not forget:
Too legit... Too legit to quit (hey...hey...) Too legit...too
legit... Too legit to quit...(hey...) Too legit... Too legit to quit
(too legit...) too legit... too legit to quit...

4:51 PM

 
Blogger GVB said...

Stop it. I'm weeping. Does Sir Mix-a-Lot blog too? Because that would be too much.

5:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home