Triathlon training, mania, battered feet, and booze

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Weird Al




Al the Ass: The plan was to run the Brooklyn 1/2 with one car at the start and one car at the finish. Since those two points are 13 miles apart, this was a good plan. My car was at the finish, my running partner's car (Al Keholic) was at the start. All was smooth until I realized (as we approached mile one) that I had left the keys to my car in the trunk of his car. To remedy this, we had to jump off course and run an extra mile (to the car and back). Needless to say, this added a bit of time to the race. Ran hard to make up for it though: Mile 1=7:50, 2=8:21, 3 and 4 were really 3 miles done in 24:32, 5=8:08, 6= 8:22,7=8:24, 8=8:17, 9=8:18, 10=8:19, 11=8:12, 12= 7:27, 13=7:37. The goal was 8:20s. did that and cooked at the end. Must be happy with it (despite being a fucking moron and turning it into a 14+).

5 Comments:

Blogger GVB said...

Nice F up there. That's a good one.

I would have been content to hitch a ride back, but that's just me.

How's them toes?

1:25 PM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

Yeah. It was nice. Not half as nice as when I pulled the same stunt and realized it 100 miles into the N-P trail with C and K Buck. Fun stuff.

I'll have to get some new pics up for you. I think the biggie will lose its nail in a week or two. Maybe I'll do some before and after.

2:12 PM

 
Blogger GVB said...

Even better if there is pus involved. Good times, BTW. Asshole. I walked from one end of the climbing gym to the other today in record time.

8:41 PM

 
Blogger GVB said...

Hey Al. The Seafair Half is on July 9th. I'll do it if you do. Unlike your pussy little Brooklyn half course, this one has hills and stuff.

Come on out.

4:20 PM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

It sounds like a great race (if it were on the east coast and flatter).

1:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home