Triathlon training, mania, battered feet, and booze

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Tri Me



Code Brown
Well, I'm still in brown town. Bland food (white rice, plain bagels etc.) seem to give me no problem. But the 2 slices I ate last night came BLASTING out the ole chocolate starfish about 5 minutes after ingestion. FUCK! And today, I had to bail out of a run at the 4 mile mark for a good 15 minute session of grunting and sweating. All is not well in Al's bowels.

Al Jonesin' For A Tri Bike

Dudes/dudettes: I'm jonesin' for the full aero kit. This tri fired me UP! I have no fucking clue why an aero bike would be better than my Lemond Zurich, but I want one. That's the kind of dick I am. Here's the run down on my tri performance.


I placed 68th overall and 15th in my age group. I had a 1:45.53 for the tri. I can't really figure out the splits on the tri website. I know I did my 1/2 mile lake swim and transition to bike in about 13 minutes (the time from start to the end of the transition--the moment when I pushed the bike over the pad and started leg 2). Coupla things I know will improive this split next time: I won't "wait" at that start to avoid really mixing it up in the water at start. This caused me a minute or more. I'll set up my transition area better/faster next time. This cost me 30 seconds prolly.

I know I did the bike to run transition and the 4 mile run in about 32 and small change. That's all I know here. This transition could have been faster too.

Side notes:

Props to Al K. he came in to this tri withoput much training and manned up with a 1:47 finish.

KICK ASS HEYWOOD! Heywood Jablome is doing an adventure race this weekend (a triathlon that includes swimming a waterfall, mountain biking down a lava field, and corn holing a polar bear). Heywwod is a stud, and I know he'll do us proud.

Freddy-boy is core training, running, and prepping for cross season. He's out of the closet, tearin' up the yoga mat, and ready/willing/able to eat quiche.

GVB: what the fuck is gvb doing? To quote Pink Floyd: "Is there anybody...out there..."

2 Comments:

Blogger GVB said...

GVB is doing his best to stay drunk 24 hours a day and still train. It isn't easy.

1:13 PM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

Completely understand.

2:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home