Triathlon training, mania, battered feet, and booze

Monday, September 04, 2006

AL GREEN




WHAT A FUCKING WASTE

Al is very envious of those who vacationed this holiday weekend:
I spent the entire weekend sanding, staining, polyurethaning a VERY old floor in my living room. It was buckled and pocked and pitted and generally fucked. Looks good now though (I've been on the fucker since Thursday night). I haven't spent this much time on my knees since my penitentiary days.

I've gotten in 5 ers every day. But they've been shitty, rip the dirty clothes off, throw the running duds on, race out the door and back runs. Just crap. What a wash out weekend!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moveitfred once had the runs for an entire weekend. Don't know if that's better or worse than what you experienced.

10:34 PM

 
Blogger GVB said...

Dear Al:

GVB spent the weekend at the beach house, alternating between developing skin cancer on the deck while drinking IPA and reading a nice collection of novels and running 6's out and back. Best mile time? Thanks for asking: 6:52 average over 3 miles. Now get back on your knees.

3:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home