Triathlon training, mania, battered feet, and booze

Friday, March 24, 2006

Peakin' At the Beacon




Every March it happens. The Allman's park their trucks (Butch and Derek) at the Beacon and play the entire month. And every year, my brother, some friends, and I go to the shows (some years we've gone to several). I've got T-shirts dating back to early 90s shows, but I'm pretty sure we caught them even before that. Last night was my Allman's night. Usually, it's a night of rare form, with too much drink and food and lots of loud countrified, jazzified, blues. Last night I was stone cold sober and unable to really indulge at dinner either. These fucking meds are killing me! My guts are roiling from the decongestants and antibiotics. C'est la vie. It was a great show.

I took yesterday off from running. Today I am supposed to do a 6. I'm going to take it slow and see how I feel. This Sunday we've got a 20 mile run to do. 20k of that run will be a race with the LI Road Runners. I want to try and be strong for that run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home