Triathlon training, mania, battered feet, and booze

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Al's World (Excellent!)

Cue Heavy Metal Guitar Slide Riff






Al awaits the results of MRI

As Tom ("I Found Jesus") Petty says, "the waiting is the hardest part." I'm hoping for good news. I know, though, that rehab will take a while and the chance of re-injury will be good. (As this re-injury shows: soft tissue is just never the same after something like this.) But. whatever the doc gives me as a protocol for rehab, I'll do (and probably a bit more).




The Fucking Mets




It's hard to know what to feel about my Mets. One thing is for sure. I'm glad Reyes is ok after Varitek tried to do a ball-ectomy during the collision at home plate last night.

The Mets have so much going for them but a few real holes. Last night's battering in Boston exemplifies the problem. Pitching. We've got two great starters (Glavine and Pedro), one real question mark (Trachsel), and two guys who you just can't count on (Hernandez and Soler). Can a team like the Mets go the distance with 2.5 starting pitchers? Al thinks not. But who could be out there for the Mets to get? I don't think Willis will be leaving Florida (not if they have hopes of getting a new stadium or a better deal from a new city). And I don't think Zito will be on the block either (Oakland tops the tightly packed AL West right now). So who? I sure don't want to pick up Levan Hernandez (though it certainly would be interesting to have our own little Mariel Boatlift in the dugout, we don't need another has been). (BTW, I'm off to Yankee (scum) stadium Fridy night for the start of the Bronx leg of the Subway Series.)





Good Luck To Peter Gammons




He's a great analyst and a great writer (member of the baseball writer's hall of fame). He's undergoing brain surgery right now for a brain aneurism. Al wishes him a full and speedy recovery.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

al, Moveitfred is not skilled at multitasking and is having trouble keeping up with the controlling idea of your blog...

4:43 PM

 
Blogger Matt Simpson said...

Let's go red sox......cha cha...cha cha cha..(kidding of course)

7:36 PM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

The controlling idea is simple: whatever the fuck I'm thinking about, I write about. Seems focused to me.

6:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home