Triathlon training, mania, battered feet, and booze

Monday, June 19, 2006

Sunday Ride / Monday Run

Al tried to beat the heat and get the Sunday bike ride in before the Father's Day festivities began. Tried...

I got out at about 6:45. I rode 20 m from Oceanside to Massapequa area. By 7:30ish, it was already pretty hot. And there were lots of bikers about.

I decided to head north on the Mass./Bethpage bike trail. It's a 13 mile loop and is mostly shaded. Which brings me to my next thought. The bike path is not aptly named. I believe its official title is something like "The Bethpage State Park Memorial Bike Trail." However, I'd vote for something more accurate: "The Bethpage State Park Bike / Run / Walk / Fish from bridges while standing mid trail / dog off leash / dog on extendo leash / stroller / roller blade / stand 4 across and chat / lay on pavement and sunbathe {no shit} / birdwatch and photograph with tripod and eqipment mid trail Trail."











When all was said and done, I got in about 45 miles. I also worked on my aggravated swerve, emergency stop, evasive action, off road technique while cursing, step in and step out of pedal skills.


MONDAY

Today I did a 9 mile run: 4.5 with the wife while pushing the double jogger (ugh). 4.5 on my own. The second half was quicker (for obvious reasons). in all, a decent run. VERY windy on the Bwalk, though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least there was no shitbags telling you not to eat meat. Glad to see I can participate on your site now. Way to go Al!

3:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.uppity-negro.com/

3:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home