Triathlon training, mania, battered feet, and booze

Monday, June 26, 2006

ULTRAsound



Hi all. So the dr. visit went well. I was ferried about and made to feel like a real VIP. (If they only knew what a total A-S-S I am.)

I got to feel what my wife felt like (in some small way) when I had ultrasound today. She, of course, had the slimy wand rubbed on her belly (for both our kiddies) during pregnancy. I only had to experience the cold jelly and cock-like imaging tool on my injured calf.

ULTRAsound is somewhat limited (as any of you men with kids will attest: "are you sure that is the head, dr.?")So I was sent for an MRI too. (Results should be in this week.) But the good dr. believes I have a tear in my gastrocnemius muscle. He also believes that the tendon is A-OK. Good news there. BUT we really must await the results of the MRI as I have a lot of scar tissue from the original injury. We also will have to wait and see what sort of treatment is appropriate and how the muscle will react to it. I can tell you that it is sore as a motherfucker right now from all the poking and prodding.



Incidentally, just to clarify, this fat, bruised hock is not mine. (Many of my admirers were alarmed by the trauma to this extremity. I've just got some swelling. Nothing like this. Plus, I wouldn't put any part of me on a grey pleather couch.)



And this ain't me either. My hair lost all its chestnut hue some years ago. It's now a mix of fleshtone and salt/pepper.

Until we speak again,
Keep your feet on the ground and your fingers out of your ass (in public).

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

al, what the hell is a gastrocnemius muscle? Let's see a diagram w/arrow pointing to the affected spot. C'mon, you're getting to be a wiz with all these links and shit you're adding to your comments.

man, that sucks. Coulda been worse though, right. mri will rule out what? or will it just help to determine treatment? might be time for yoga, holmes.

9:20 AM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

YOGA! Death before kundalini! (Or however the fuck you spell that.)
Don't know what, exactly, they are ruling out. I think he wants to see the extent of damage and the scarring from the original incident. And yes, it could have been much worse. I'll know more over the course of the next few days.

http://www-class.unl.edu/bios114/postm/images/L%20-%20Calf.jpg

11:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, so lateral or medial?

11:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

better yet, how bout an actual photog with your stiffy finger pointing to the affected spot. does Moveitfred need to construct your blog for you?

11:58 AM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

I believe it is where the lateral travels under the medial. But I don't fucking know. The ultrasound is a big grey/green field of static. He's pointing at the screen with a pencil going "hmm, uh-huh, yeah." Me, I'm looking at channel 862 when the cable is disconnected. And why are you so gung-ho to see pics of my legs? (Incidentally, it's been a while since I shaved.)

2:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like a man who has not shaved in a while.

11:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home