Triathlon training, mania, battered feet, and booze

Thursday, June 29, 2006

dodging the bullet



Well, Al is pretty lucky. Dodged a big bullet. Besides a good deal of edema and scarring from the initial injury, MRI shows only a small tear to the calf muscle to contend with. When I felt the onset of this second incident, I stopped immediately. This saved me from having a serious tear, as was the case the first time around. This will take some rehab, but I should be back in the saddle before long. Yippee-ki-yeah (motherfuckers).

In celebration, I'm drinking my newest batch of homebrews (an ale that I dumped about 16lbs of malt sugar into the wort to make one strong motherfucker of a brew). I'm feeling tipsy and ornery. Fuk you.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'mean all this sniveling for a pussy little tear? 50 Cent takes real bullets and does time in the big house. Where is your street cred, holmes?

OK, OK, it hurts. Get your PT, your warm rubs, your electro/vibro stimulation and get your ass back out there in time for cross season.

10:46 PM

 
Blogger GVB said...

you know what really helps healing? drinking potent homebrew and tripping down the stairs.

1:46 AM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

Fred: Speaking of warm rubs...give me your summer schedule again.

GVB: I find that it's best, when drinking a 40 of the homebrew, to just lay your ass on the floor. Periodically, (when I can) I elevate the leg.

12:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Starting next week, kids in camp from 9am to noon. Yeah baby!

1:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear the good news Al. So will I see Albangorhard in the water off catalina island this November?

10:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home