Triathlon training, mania, battered feet, and booze

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Idol Hands...


AP News
Idol Fans Say Daughtry Copied Song
Friday March 24 3:06 PM ET

"American Idol" chat rooms were buzzing Friday over a controversy surrounding Chris Daughtry's version of "I Walk the Line."

Judges praised Daughtry for making the song his own when he performed the Johnny Cash tune on the Fox network show.
But some fans say the version wasn't Daughtry's, but ripped off from one done by the band Live in 2001.
One fan posted a message saying, "I just want to punch him in his bald head." Another reads: "This guy is a rip-off. Judges are plain dumb." And a third message says, "Live singer Ed Kowalczyk called and said that he would like his vocal style" back.





I think the AP has missed the most salient aspect of this controversy: NO ONE GIVES A FUCK!! The fact that there is an "American Idol Chat Room" scares me. And I certainly can't imagine anyone finding anything worth commenting on there. Let's get real here! Let's get the word from a man with some real talent! The Hammer, YO!:

Lady Of My Life

Today I celebrate the lady of my life.
The well that I draw my strength from.
The light of my spirit.
She is every color of joy.
She's the melody of my soul.
Never a wavering moment.
The calm in the middle of the storm.
She's the architect of integrity.
How many ways do I love thee.
There are not enough words in human language,
I love you more ways, than the grains of sand on all the beaches of the planets in the universe. You held me in your arms, fed me with dignity, never did I know the pain or shame of hunger. You walked and guided me through the roads, valleys and mountains of life. I know that God is missing an Angel, because he gave me you as my Mother. My soul dances because of you Mom. Forever will I dance. I have watched in awe, the beauty and grace of your dance of life. Happy Birthday Mother.
Love,
Your Dance Partner and Son
Stanley




MC Hammer, keeping it real with the moms! Here's an artist. Look at the way he can ask the question "How many ways do I love thee." and make it not a question. Genius! And where did he get this sentiment from. (?) So original. And how about the compression of ideas in the metaphor "I love you more ways, than the grains of sand on all the beaches of the planets..." You try loving someone more ways than all the sands...that requires some effort! But the real piece d'resistance is the "God is missing an Angel" gem. I mean, that just hits you, don't it? Deep!


Today I'm doing a 4 and lifting some weights. I still feel like shit, but I'm going to take it easy so I'll be ok for the 20m tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger GVB said...

Mrs. GVB loves that Idol dude with the bald head. And thanks to TiVO, I don't have to watch all the others.

20 miles? That's like a gallon of gas in my ride. What about yours?

1:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home