Triathlon training, mania, battered feet, and booze

Monday, March 27, 2006

Whacked Out

Ok, the Sopranos are moving on. Good episode. I loved Paulie and his "walnuts." And that dream sequence shit is done. What a relief. Althought the last moment of it (where Tony / Kevin is contemplating going into the big house and the voices of his children are behind him) was very powerful. But the rest of it seemed to be flat, a real break in the narrative that went nowhere. (Fuck Kevin Finnerty.) As we came out of it, my only complaint was the rapidity with which he went from coma to cardiac arrest to awake.



On another note, have you been getting a good look at Little Steven, "Sylvio"? Holy shit! He's put on at least 50 pounds over the last couple years. He's gonna have to change his name to Big Fat Fucking Steven. He looked like Shamu getting out of that whirpool tub last night. Robert "AJ" Iler has gone the other direction. He looks a lot better, even with the stupid hair and the rap sheet.




I am off today. Thankfully. My heel is hurting again, and I'm pretty beat up all over.

5 Comments:

Blogger GVB said...

Get a grip. This show jumped the shark, no?

Tell me about heel pain. Come to J Tree next spring and I'll show you how to fuck up a heel.

1:23 AM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

Jumped the shark? No way. There's still good stuff going on here.

While I'd love to see you take a fall while on the sharp end, I think my climbing days are done. Climbing just doesn't seem enticing to me anymore. I'd rather hump a pack 100 miles.

9:04 AM

 
Blogger GVB said...

Even better. We need someone to pack our gear into the Aqua Peaks so we can put up a wall route.

Was climbing ever enticing? Or did you just do it to meet Buckley's chicks?

12:44 AM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

Did Buckley have chicks? I remember Laura Granola (maybe you could call her a chick). And then there was that Roo-tie (daughter of Heavy Flo). Roo-tie was more of special forces soldier than a chick.

And yes, it was enticing. I remember you and Frenchman's Coolie and my balls getting guillotined when I took my leader off a broken hold and landed straddling the rope. And then there were all those rodents at night, if you know what I mean.

9:45 AM

 
Blogger GVB said...

Rodents. Right. Hairy marmots.

The rope-straddle-nut-belay is a very popular fall arrest technique. It probably saved you a sprained ankle. And you apparently were still able to father children (paternity tests pending), so big deal.

1:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home