Triathlon training, mania, battered feet, and booze

Friday, March 31, 2006

Oh, Really?


HealthDay Reporter Thu Mar 30, 5:08 PM ET
THURSDAY, March 30 (HealthDay News) -- New research reveals that walking requires more thought than you might think, and cognitive decline -- at least in the elderly -- can make the travel that much harder.

The findings suggest that doctors should be aware of the cognition-walking link and keep an eye out for patients who can't think clearly, said study co-author Roee Holtzer, an assistant professor of psychology and neurology at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York.

"We need to be cognizant of the fact that they may walk less efficiently and may be at higher risk for falls," he said.

Walking is, of course, a routine part of everyday life.




They probably got millions of dollars in grant money and funding to come up with these pearls. Thanks guys!


Yesterday, I did a nice 5 in Central Park (had to be in NYC earlier in the day). Today I did a 6 down in Long Beach on the boardwalk. It was so windy I was getting sandblasted. My body is still feeling pretty well beaten up. I'm just taking it nice and easy the rest of the week. Just doing to do 9s on these miles and not pushing anything.

4 Comments:

Blogger GVB said...

"I had to be in NYC"...nice. That's the line I use on Mrs. GVB when I need to get out of the house...It's just a 6 hour flight...big deal.

7:48 PM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

40 minutes by train for me, bro. Uproot the nubbins and head east, I say.

8:51 PM

 
Blogger GVB said...

You wanna take a stab at how THAT conversation would go at Casa GVB?

I know how it would end...

"Uh, your friend Dave is a divorce attorney, right?"

12:02 PM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

Ok, can't blame a guy for tryin'.

2:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home