Triathlon training, mania, battered feet, and booze

Friday, July 14, 2006

The Kids Are Alright!


The Who to tour after nearly 25 years

NEW YORK - It's been almost 25 years since the Who blasted their way through a major concert tour, so they should be ready. This fall, they'll give it another go, band members
Pete Townshend and
Roger Daltrey announced Thursday.

Opening date will be Sept. 12 in Philadelphia.

The legendary band will then wind its way through the U.S. and Canada before jumping next year to South America, the Far East, Australia and Europe.

North American destinations include New York, Chicago, Boston, Detroit, Seattle, Portland, Ore., Vancouver and Toronto.

The Who will perform songs from their upcoming album, "Wire and Glass," which will be released Oct. 23. It's the group's first studio recording since 1982's "It's Hard."


Yeah, baby! And you thought Al and Fred and Heywood, and GVB were the only ones rocking in their decrepitude. I've got my tix already (and I don't care who Pete buggers or if Roger only has one eye or if half the band is dead--miss you Ox and Moon the Loon!). Do you?

Today, in sporting news, I banged out an 8 mile run. Didn't push the pace; just nice and easy at 8:30s. This is the first time I've gone beyond 3 miles since the injury (and my dr. better not be reading this). But I feel good. No problems at all. I'm staying on flat terrain and not pushing pace for a while yet, but "my body feels so good..." (Free homebrew to the first of you homos--no offense, Fred--who finishes that line.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"my body feels so good I could savor the dark meat of Star Jones?"

By the way, can we expect inspiring lyrics such as these from the new Who collection?
"It's hard - It's very very very very hard - so very hard."

8:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"and I still sing a razor line everytime"

Al, I am looking forward to tasting your homebrew. What kind is it? Can you send it with Freddy to Cali in August? There is something wrong with fred and his line above. Really, Star Jones? Has he taken his meds today?

Week from today, heywood's first tri.

9:27 AM

 
Blogger GVB said...

Al, did you just call me old? Sure, I've seen The Who before they were dead, but still.

The Who? They're the ones who wrote that neat intro music for all of the CSI shows, right? Sexy. I love crime dramas.

Heywood, I would be wary of anything coming from Al's kitchen. He once tried to serve me a martini made of lighter fluid and vinyl record cleaner. Or at least that's what it tasted like.

12:25 PM

 
Blogger Hugh G. Balls said...

Heywood:
Kick some ass, bro! Very psyched for you and keep me posted. As for Fred's impending visit, you'll need something stronger than homebrew to handle that.

Fred: how 'bout...
"The kids couldn't hurt Jack
They tried and tried and tried
They dropped things on his back
They lied and lied and lied and lied and lied" and I just about vomitted on myself. Thanks for the Star image.

GVB: You're a geezer. Face it. You should have realized it the first time you put shades on to use a shaving mirror. And that Martini was top shelf. It's just that you've got a trailer park palate. (Say that five times fast.)

3:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home